Learn how to scroll content in Flash using the ScrollPane Component. The free .fla download file is included at the end of the tutorial.
1. You need to have Flash Player 7.0 installed to view the Flash file.
2. Flash 8.0 must be installed in your system to download the .fla file.
Steps to Follow :
- Open Flash 8.0 and create a new Flash document
- Create a movie clip called content_mc and in the symbol properties box check export for actionscript and Export in first frame. View the screenshot below.
- Open the Components Panel by clicking on Window/Components
- Select the ScrollPane component on the stage and in the properties inspector choose the Parameter tab and enter the height and width you would like for the scrolling content. In the contentPath property, type in the name of your content movie clip i.e. content_mc. The scrollpane is an in-built Flash component that scrolls the content in the movie clip specified.
- Press Ctrl+Enter to test the file.
Congratulations! You have successfully learnt how to scroll content in Flash using the in-built Flash ScollPane component.
If the content is not loading, please check that you have typed the correct movie clip name in the contentPath and in the movie clip properties you have checked export for actionscript and Export in first frame.
Download the .fla file
Please note: You need Flash 8.0 to open the .fla file.