Learn how to blur images in Flash 8.0 using the in-built blur filter. The download .fla is included at the end of the tutorial.
Step 1: Import an image and create a movie clip
Steps to Follow :
- Open Flash 8.0. Select New/Flash Document.
- Import the image you would like to blur by clicking on File/Import to Stage and select the image.
- Select the image on the stage and choose Modify/Convert To Symbol. Name the symbol blur and choose Movie Clip as Type.
Step 2: Create the blur effect
- Select the blur symbol on the stage.
- In the Properties Inspector, choose the Filters tab
- Click on the '+' icon and choose Blur.
- Choose 100 for Blur X and Blur Y and Quality as Medium.
Step 3: Create the animation
- In the timeline window right click on the 50th frame choose insert keyframe. Select the movie clip and change the blur filter X and Y values to 0 to remove the blur effect.
- Select any frame between Frames 1 and 50 and select Motion from the tween pop-up menu in the Property inspector.
- Press Ctrl+S to save your changes.
Press Ctrl+Enter to view your animation.
You can also blur only the X coordinates by removing the lock icon in the filters inspector and changing Blur X to 100 and Blur Y to 0. The effect can be seen below. You can try different blur effects by simply adjusting the blur X and blur Y values.